We endeavour to provide the best possible protection to our staff, customers and families in these strange times, which is why we are all following Government Covid-19 Best Working Practices Guidelines.
We want to work with clients to keep them safe and comfortable so please let us know if you have any questions, suggestions, or special requirements.
As an employer, we will
- ensure all employees have read and understood these guidelines, and provide training where necessary
- make sure on-site employees can spot symptoms
- tell workers with symptoms to quarantine and get tested immediately and inform staff, customers and other tradespeople working on site
- keep up to date on new guidelines
- For jobs where we are working with multiple other trades or teams, we may draw up a Risk Assessment.
Working on site
All Employees will
- Regularly wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap
- Wear face covering when entering people’s homes or talking to customers
- Aim to make space by staying at least 2 meters apart, or 1 metre apart with a face covering with each other and other people in the work space.
To minimise risk from travelling we
- regularly clean company vehicles used for transport
- limit the number of passengers
- match workers to nearby locations to limit any transport
- allocate workers to the same teams and homes every day where possible
- make appointments online or over the phone wherever feasible
Working in customers’ homes
To avoid contact in customers’ home, our team aims to:
- Wash hands and/or use sanitiser when arriving and leaving
- ask for doors in the home to be open to avoid touching handles
- avoid busy spaces like corridors where possible
- aim to bring their own food to avoid going outside
- not share things like tools where possible
- Work alone, in bubbles, or pairs dependent on the physical scale of the work and level of Tier in place.
- Minimise contact with clients and wherever possible ask clients to restrict their movements at home to areas in which we are not working during the day.
- Wear face masks and to maintain the 2m social distancing measures when communicating directly with customers
- Clean objects and surfaces that you touch regularly, using our usual cleaning products
- follow hygiene measures when tools or supplies, such as building supplies, are delivered to a home
- collect materials in bulk to reduce how often we visit shops to buy or collect materials
- get rid of waste in bulk if possible
- remove all waste and belongings at the end of a job and arrange with the householder how to safely dispose of the waste.
Our teams will
- clean work areas when leaving each day
- clean work areas, surfaces and equipment frequently between use with cleaning products
- clean busy areas frequently and thoroughly
- restrict the use of items that are touched often
- provide bin liners or rubble sacks for rubbish and maintain a clean site
- clear workspaces and remove waste and belongings from the area at the end of the day
- cover possessions and furniture with new polythene heavy duty dust protectors to avoid accidental contact
- reduce or avoid use of any non-personal kit